Why are we masking it?
- Emotions are normal.
- Acknowledge them.
- Be honest about where you are at.
This month we are taking charge of our mind, body, and spirit! Wellness is nothing more than small daily choices that lead to having the mental capacity to help make healthy choices, navigate relationships, handle stress, and keeping motivated.
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. There are hundreds of studies that have shown the direct connection between your physical health and your mental health.
Here are a few things that you can add to your daily routine:
- When you can take a moment to focus on the good things and people in your life you can build a positive mindset of self-worth. Although every day may not be good, there will always be something positive to focus on.
Set Aside Time:
- We are always focused on the “to-do” list and often lose sight of the things we love to do for ourselves. Each day, set aside time to engage in something that you enjoy – go for a walk, take a hot bath, read a book – this does not have to take a lot of time, just something that will fill your soul!
- Exercising, eating well, drinking water, and treating our body with kindness are important daily steps to build a positive sense of wellbeing.
Ask for help:
- Stress happens, being overwhelmed happens – different stages of life are more stressful than others but asking for help is a way to alleviate your stress. It can be someone from home, a friend a co-worker – remember you do not need to do this alone – ask for help!
- Whether you’re working from home or in the office, step away from your desk – take a walk, do some stretching or yoga, call a friend – whatever you do, just take a BRAIN BREAK! By doing this, you will become more productive in your job and a better teammate!
By raising awareness of mental health this month – and always – we can help the number of people who are leading healthier, happier, and more balanced lives. Share this information with a family member, friend, and/or coworker. Together, we can help build strong, mentally well organizations!